Monday 9 November 2009

The class on Saturday at the Grey Heron in Collingwood http://www.greyherondesigns.com/ went really well. A lovely clothing store with a really inviting wool room. Nice combination.
We had lunch after the class, thanks Karen that was really terrific. It gave us a chance to have a more casual chat because during the class we have to move along as you know if you've been a knitting student. We had a great time and every student had knit at least one top down before, which opens up lots of discussion on substituting increases and alterations of patterns for a better fit.
Brenda wore her top down to class. Isn't it beautiful? She took one of the solid coloured patterns out of the Button Up Your Top Down and really jazzed it up. It's gorgeous. For more photos check out her blog http://brenda-bjhf.blogspot.com/.

Back at the ranch I have made some progress on all fronts. My socks are getting a little longer and I have sketched out a rough pattern. This means I have drawn little squares on a piece of paper which represent the number of stitches on each of the needles at different points of the sock. Nothing in writing yet but it's coming along.Oops, you'll have to cock your head to see that properly. And my quickie baby pattern is almost done. I'm doing the last test knit. I now have 3 little tiny baby sweaters. One will go to some shows with Lynda, one will go to the shop which gave me the yarn and one will be in residence at our warehouse shop.
I'm also really enjoying testknitting the Valentine. Here is the original sample in a more appropriate colour.It's a fun pattern to work. Excuse me while I go and work a couple more inches.

-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm love the Valentine! That looks like something I could knit. :) I am becoming more adventurous. Wish I lived closer so I could attend a class! I'd love to do that. :) samm

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.