Thursday 14 April 2011

I had a wonderful weekend in Ottawa teaching all sorts of Top Down classes.
The first one was an exploration of what you could do with a basic pattern.
And all the students showed me that you can do a lot. How about a fancy cable down the back with a lovely fancy cable bottom border to match. Laurie is going to pick up around the neck and make a matching collar. It looks terrific with her choice of yarn (makes me think of watermelons).
By Monday night at the Ottawa Knitting Guild meeting quite a few little sweaters were more than half done. Even those students who had to go home and give their project a rethink to get their pattern placed exactly how they wanted it to be had the finish line in sight.
Back in the classroom we tackled V-neck shaping on a teddy bear sized sweater.
Lynn brought her very well-dressed teddy to the guild meeting. Adorable. We finished the classes with some solutions to 'fit' issues which I hope will enhance their future adult-sized projects. A great time. Thanks Ottawa knitters.

I also got the chance to have lunch with Liz who happened to be spending the day in Ottawa. Note to self: It's good to get out of the house sometimes. It gives me a chance to see people I usually email. She has a brand new pattern out Perth Cardi available on Ravelry. It looks terrific.

And more news from the Ottawa area. The Eastern Ontario Needler's Retreat sign up is opening soon. If you're in the eastern Ontario area it's a great time. I'm checking my dates because I would love to go again.
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.