Friday 13 May 2011

We're almost there. This is the last baby sweater I knit.
It's been fun. Tomorrow Bernice and I are going up to Huntsville to work on the very, very last one. Phew. I think we have a lot of baby sweaters. I've lost count. I think I'm going to be very surprised when we get the stack of sweaters back.

Time to do something nice and adult-sized.
This is the 3 - Button Jacket from Classic Elite's Curvy Knits series of books. I'm exploring plus-size Top Down sweaters to see what other designers are doing with them. I worked the neckband and then the short rows, ripped it back and redid the short rows in my own way, worked down to the bottom of the yoke then ripped it back a couple of inches and did my own finish to the yoke to get the number of stitches required for the size. So although I started with this pattern and tried what they did I usually ended up doing it a slightly different way in the end. But I learned a couple of things along the way and that was the point.
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about CE's "Curvy Knits". Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget the upper scale of the plus range from 56-60+ for amples as well!!! :-)
    The knitting designing world usually stops at
    54-56. An entire community is waiting for ample patterns which have no seaming and limited sewing.

    t/c

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.