Wednesday 16 April 2014

Do you have favourite stitch patterns that you come back to over and over? In the new book you get to choose which stitch patterns you use for your Bands of Pattern work. One of my favourites is any stitch pattern with twisted stitches. These are 2 stitch cables which do not require a cable needle, Yay. They make a raised design on a stocking stitch background which is very effective. I could work whole sweaters using these little tiny cables and be quite a happy knitter.

 I work them like this:
TR (twist right):  knit two stitches together and without taking the stitches off the needle, knit the first stitch again. Take both stitches off the needle. This is really easy to do.
TL (twist left):  knit into the back of the second stitch and without taking the stitches off the needle, knit into the first stitch. Take both stitches off the needle.
And here's a new sock pattern I'm working on. It will be up as soon as I can finish this sock. Lots of twisting on this one. I'm calling in Pine Cone Socks.

Have you used these little cables?
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.