Thursday 24 December 2009

Birthday Sox

I just had my birthday and I thought I'd share my Birthday Sox's from Deb.You might notice that they've been worn, natch, and are about to go into the wash.

I pretty much always get socks on my birthday from Deb, but it wasn't always that way. Well, it was for years, but one year Deb decided that I should learn to knit socks (now you need to remember, Deb is my older sister and the one who taught me to knit ... so, you get the picture). So, that birthday ... *gasp* ... no socks!!! I was devastated. So, while I may be stubborn (like my older sister, mmm?), I'm not stupid. I learned to knit socks. And guess what? Yup, socks started showing up again on my birthday. And, it's weird, I can easily knit myself socks and do as well, but somehow, it's those birthday socks I look forward to each year. Thanks Deb!

May you have a safe and happy holiday season,
- Lyn

1 comment:

  1. Great socks! I like the colours a lot. Took me a couple of minutes to realize the red thing wasn't a button. I'm slow sometimes!!! I wish Deb were my sister! I'd love someone to knit my beautiful socks like those. samm who wishes you both and the whole Cabin Fever crew, a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.