Saturday 8 May 2010

The Teen booklet  is just out but there is no standing still. I'm starting a new venture, a sock book. But not just any sock book. This is a booklet by Brenda based on workshops where she has taught knitters to knit a sock without a pattern. Cool, eh?! We are setting it up so that all of her tips and experience run along-side of a straight forward sock pattern which I have started knitting.
With this booklet a knitter will be able to knit a sock in any weight of yarn from sock yarn up to heavy worsted/aran weight yarn. It's going to be fun.

And so I am looking at a summer of sock knitting. I went to bed the other night with this in mind and woke up knowing I had had a dream about this summer project. The image that stayed with me in the morning was of a horse grazing under a large tree. Does this sound like sock knitting to you? anyone? It was calm and that's about all I can get out of this weird dream. So with that in mind, we are proceeding to make a sock booklet. If you've been following here on this blog you know that booklets take quite a lot of time before they are actually booklets. A lot of patience is required, including on your part as you read about this. I don't want to be responsible for anyone holding their breath all summer. I will be testknitting socks most of the summer so that in September we will have a new book. I will have lots of socks, Brenda and I will have put a book together and anyone who wants one can have a sock primer to knit many, many socks into the future. OK, now it's in writing, you are my witnesses, it must be done. Here we go.
-Deb

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the book. Brenda is my "sock guru". Her mohair sock is a delight to the tooties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great yarn. Send a book to Joan T.!!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.