Tuesday 1 July 2014

Happy Canada Day

It's the long weekend here in Northern Ontario. Happy Canada Day to fellow Canadians. For the weekend I traded in my knitting needles for a chain saw and a hammer. We've started on our sleep bunky behind the cabin. Stage one, the deck. I cut down quite a few small trees to clear out a space but finally we have some sunshine coming in and a sort of level (ha, ha, that's a stretch) spot to begin.
I did sneak in a day of knitting on the "Simple" version of the Circular Yoke. I'm past the Great Divide and the Bust Shaping. Now straight knitting for a bit before I begin my waist shaping. Just perfect for sitting on the deck and watching the waves roll in.
I still have about 6 more small trees to take down but today it's blowy and unfortunately, in the wrong direction. Too bad, so sad, I might have to knit instead!!

Have a great day,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there in an hour! The deck and waves is the perfect setting for my fiddle and some fiddle tunes!(just kidding..I am hundreds of miles away)
    teresa_a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day! Are you up near Lake Lauzon for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.