Friday 2 September 2016

I might be in your Neighbourhood

I'm embarking on a new adventure. I have arranged a Knitting Tour where I will be teaching 2 different classes. I'll be travelling from Ottawa, ON to Wolfville, NS and back. It starts in a couple weeks, yikes.

I'm teaching in 3 stores but I like to meet knitters anywhere I can. I'd be happy to come to your home. Email me: deb.cabinfever@gmail.com
If you live in Ottawa and have 4 or more knitting friends who would like to get together and do a class I'd be thrilled to do that.  I will be in Ottawa September 16, 17, 18 & 19. I can travel from Ottawa within an hour or two drive.
If you live in New Brunswick, I'll be driving through on Thursday September 22.

I'm teaching 2 classes. The fee for each class includes a 3 hour class, a kit for a child's pullover OR a kit for a pair of mittens, all the tips and tricks I know.  $50.00

Check out the class at your local yarn store:
Wool-Tyme in Ottawa, ON. September 20. Teaching Top Down Crewneck Workshop
Gaspereau Valley Fibres in Wolfville, NS, on September 24 & 25. Teaching both Top Down Crewneck Workshop and Gauge-Free Mittens
Petit Mouton in Point Claire (Montreal), QC, on September 27, 28 & 29. Teaching both Top Down Crewneck Workshop and Gauge-Free Mittens. I'll be teaching in English.

Top Down Crewneck Workshop
I'm going to take knitters through the process of making a crewneck on a pullover. You will be able to take a Top Down Raglan with a neckline with no shaping (I see many like this with a boatneck or squareneck, whichever you call them) and make them into a crewneck or scoop neck. A neckline where the front is lower than the back is comfortable and flattering. This includes short rows but no wraps or tricky stitches.

Gauge-Free Mittens
Do you hate swatching? Do things turn out the wrong size even when you conscientiously do one? This class is for you. You don't need to know your gauge from beginning to end. It doesn't come into play. You make the mitten to the size you need, 6" or 7" or 8" around for the hand. I have a new twist on making the thumb that's fun and eliminates using 4 double pointed needles. If you knit for charity from donated yarn without labels, this is for you.
Maybe I'll be seeing you soon,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.