Thursday 29 September 2016

Spokes of a wheel

Because of the spokes in the yoke, I was going to call this pullover "wheels on the bus go round and round" but I thought it was a little long! LOL.
Instead I called it Bernie's Pullover. It's named after a friend of mine who was the inspiration for this pullover. Bernice Vollick has passed away but leaves a legacy of terrific childrens' patterns. She designed Sophia's Cardigan for Cabin Fever.

I thought I would knit a pullover version with colours since at one time we had talked about doing just that and never did. This pullover has spokes, with a combo of stockinette stitch and garter stitch ridges, plus 3 colours, knit from the Top Down.
Both of these spoked sweaters are enough to keep any knitter interested right from the beginning. Then you get to knit round and round, stockinette stitch, for a break and the fun of doing the colours again at the bottom. Sized for 1-6 year olds.

Now try to pick 3 colours!
Deb


1 comment:

  1. They're seriously cute!!! But, I love how the ridges work in the Pink one the best. I see it in Denim with red cuffs in an XXXXL.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.