Monday 25 February 2008

Stitches West


It was fun, fun, fun. Lots of knitters there. Everyone was excited by all of the bootie to be seen. I think someone mentioned 250 vendors. That's a lot of knitting stuff. I walked around at the end of the set-up day and it went on forever. Here is my mountain of Cotton Tweed for kids. This is a pretty arty display for me, I'm outdoing myself.
Oh, no, an armless sample. For shame, for shame. But it actually turned out to be a good teaching tool, whew. There were lots of new knitters at the show and I was able to show them how you work the sleeves for a top down sweater.
And the Take It From The Top (www.cabinfever.ca/P602.html) pullover won hands down for the most worn Cabin Fever sweater at the show. Aren't these three models just beautiful in their sweaters? Thanks Carol, Barbara and Jane for wearing their sweaters in to show us and all beautifully knit too.

And lastly here are 3 Canadians (Buffy Taylor http://www.shelridge.com/, Lynda and myself) enjoying real California oranges picked that day from Gwen's backyard (http://www.knitability.com/) especially for us. And they were more delicious than I can say.

-Deb

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there! I think your "mountain" of sweaters is very artistic. :O) The whole show sounds like an amazing experience! samm

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.