Thursday 12 February 2009

Rain, rain go away.

It has been raining for the last 2 days. I keep checking the calendar, it's still February right? Unfortunately it's been raining outside and inside too. One part of the roof has apparently become a sieve so many buckets are in use. The pitter patter does give one an uneasy feeling even though I know it's just water. But I knit through it and I have one more hat done.Test knit in Shelridge Farm's W4 (http://www.shelridge.com/) and knit in a boy' style. The crown is cool.And here is the original hat knit for Mary's brand new grandchild. Aah. This one has a rolled brim which will be optional but lovely for babies and girls.

-Deb

No snowballs here but more in the forecast.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of the baby. The hats are great, Deb. Raining here too. I don't think the sump pump has stopped for 2 days. If only it was spring......
    Jed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little hats! And the baby definitely deserved a long ahhhhh.... such a beauty! I love baby fingers and the way they hold them so delicately poised. :) Hope the rain stops soon! At least we don't have to shovel it, right? samm

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful baby to model an adorable hat! Well.....my first sock is finished and it actually fits perfectly!!! I know it seems like it took me forever (my husband even asked if that was STILL the first sock), but besides the fact I am a slow knitter there were days I didn't have time to knit a stitch. Take out a couple of errors-and there were only two mistakes-sock knitting has now become one of my favorites and I can't wait to start another.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.