Monday 7 February 2011

The beginning of a book is rather s-l-o-w. Writing out the pattern is work and figuring out the charts for the multi-gauge is fun but all of it is slow. Then I had a week of looking at it and thinking it was cumbersome, awkward and just plain messy looking. But yesterday I had a moment, that ah-ha moment and now it has a new format which I think is going to work. Yay. Nothing revolutionary, just a way to deal with the charts so they aren't hanging around all over the page and messing up the written pattern. So I'm relieved, happy, thrilled actually. I'm sending it out to get this section test-knit and see what comments I get back but it's fine tuning now because it works as is.

As I was fretting about the formatting I finished my socks. Isn't sock knitting wonderful when you're in that place?
I'll need to cast on another pair because I'm not finished the book yet and there will be another fretting period but they'll all be smaller now. The big fret is over, yay, yay, yay!
-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Just don't know how you manage to get so many socks knitted! And gorgeous ones at that.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.