Friday 18 February 2011

I don't know if I have to feel too jealous of Lynda being in California since here it was like a spring day. I hope it was where you live. It was above freezing and I went out without my boots, wool socks, hat or mittens on. I felt so light on my feet!! What a difference wearing shoes makes.

I have one more partial sweater.
Not finished of course. I'm afraid this is the way it goes for a bit. I think I'm up to 3 partial sweaters now. They'll all get frogged or pitched. I don't know why but the sleeves are giving me grief. The finer weights of yarn are great and work fine for the 12 & 18 month sizes. But the thicker yarns don't want to fall into place. This morning I had another go at it and I think I have it all fixed now. I'm going to do the knitting to see if that is indeed the case. I hope to be doing the happy dance tonight.

That finishes off the plain cardigan. I need a name for it, anyone? All I have now is Basic Cardigan.

I've started to write the section in the book where we indicate where you can do some designing of your own. It'll be fun and I'm anxious to get going on it. Bernice and I are working on some examples to show you what you can do in different sections of the sweater. We've worked out a couple of stitch patterns to try. Lots more knitting to go.
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.