Monday 11 February 2013

I am playing with mittens again. I need to knit quite a few to get the pattern writing details down. One detail I spotted on these is that it's necessary to specify which yarn to use for the decreases at the top of the mitten. I think the decrease stitches should all be in the solid purple colour (see the bottom mitten - one set of decrease sts are in variegated blue and the other side is in solid purple).
Details, details.
I am enjoying the small project colourwork. Do you do colour work? Do you do big projects or small things? Do you knit with a colour in each hand? I'm finding the variegated/solid colour combo gives a big impact.
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb: Long time since I saw you, sadly! Loving your mittens. Finding myself increasingly drawn to smaller projects these days. Used to be socks, but I think I may take inspiration from you and start a mitten collection! All the best to you and Lynda. Ann (Blackmore)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.