Monday 4 February 2013

I've been playing with mittens. They are the greatest little project to play with colour. This is an easy stitch pattern with 2 Main Colour rounds of 2x2 rib and Contrast Colour knit and purl rounds. The mitten on the left has the purple as the MC and the variegated wool as the CC. The right mitten has the variegated wool as the MC. They do look quite different in person. I like the right one better.
I love the striped palms. I think I'll do the next set of mittens all stripes, forget the pattern, I like it so much. I'll be working on the thumbs tomorrow. I'm going to work them as a large I-cord. Never tried this with stripes before so will be interesting.
Deb

1 comment:

  1. I love the variegated yarn, mixed with a dark background. I have made a couple of your hats from the Need a Hat book and people think they are way more complicated to knit with all those colours. I used black and a dark purple with green/blue/turquoise variegated wool to make two hats for Christmas gifts. Great patterns!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.