Friday 20 January 2017

Red Done

This is proof that I finished my red sweater. Well, almost finished. The knitting is done so I'm doing a happy dance (I'll leave that to your imagination). 
I have to find buttons and sew them on. I have to sew in all the ends but I'm celebrating anyway. This is one UFO that's almost there. Whoo, hoo.
This is the basic V-neck from the Button Up Your Top Down book with a couple of modifications. I've knit from this book several times so mixing it up is fun and keeps my interest to the very end.

I made the buttonband 8 sts wide, just because I could.Then I played with it some more (see last post).

I made it an A-line by increasing stitches at the sides. I also played with the ribbing on the sleeves and at the bottom by starting the ribbing (p2) and working extra (k2,p2) every 8 rows. I also did this starting in the centre back. No photo because for some reason this red is very difficult to photograph. I'll try it in another room and see if that works better.

This is 100% wool (Naturally Nazareth Worsted by Kraemer Yarns) , not a superwash, so I knew that if I worked the bottom ribbing with the body-sized needle I could block it out flat and it wouldn't pull in. My figure does not need that!!

I'm so happy to get one done. I have a great big smile every time I look at it. Enthusiasm is spilling over to my next UFO, the green pullover.
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Red IS difficult to photograph. A lighting expert once told me if you put something grey (in this case, maybe a wall?) behind a red object, it takes a truer photo. In my case, it was a tulip. Jed (And I may have seen your happy dance. In Greece, perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that added touch on the sleeves as well! Great finished object..Great pattern book. Love those knit-the bands-as you-go sweaters!
    t_a

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.