Thursday 15 February 2018

Mulligan

I'm allowing myself a do-over.
This second try is looking much better.

I laid it on top of the first sample and the angle of the front is already showing a better line.

I also charted the beginning edge of the first front and the far edge of the second front. I am working the increases at the front edges much further apart than my first sample. Now it's an 8 row repeat. I'm feeling like this is on it's way to a final sweater. I'm excited.

I'm keeping my first sample because I would like to try sewing and cutting away the front. Then do something attaching a new front to it. Cut the front away, leaving the neckband stitches intact and open. Nothing lost if it doesn't work but I'm intrigued.

Then work some sort of stitch to join the neckband and the raglan edge. I can envision it.

I could work?! Maybe.

I'm trying to stay on course and not jump to trying this out. Must get this sweater done first. Must get this sweater done first. Must get this sweater done first.

I'm going to start knitting right now so I don't lose focus. Bye for now.
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.