Thursday 24 April 2008

Quiet but busy

I have been working.
All the sizes of the Baby V, plus one extra, in different colours and yarns. Now I have approximately 40 buttons to sew on. I'll have to work up to that one. Next week maybe.

In my class, Diane is working ahead to next winter and finished a lace cowl for her daughter. It's to go with a matching hat and mittens which she's already completed. This is based on the Lace Cowl from the Kid's Knitted Hats book (www.cabinfever.ca/PKKH.html) , knit in chunky yarn over 50 sts. We worked out an excellent modification: 2" before the end she increased stitches (1 stitch in each pattern repeat) which created a flare. It worked really well and sits perfectly on her shoulders. Doesn't it look cozy?


Now it's time to get ready for the Spring Frolic put on by the DKC guild in Toronto (www.downtownknitcollective.ca) . I'm teaching on Saturday afternoon and have to get some samples together. I'm going to teach attached I-cording and a wonderful double knitted edging which does away with picking up armbands on tank tops forever. You can work this edge on a vest or tank top or shell where you need a finished armhole and it won't interfer with the stitch pattern in garment. You can even cast off with it. I used it on the circular tank (www.cabinfever.ca/P504.html) and the Lacy Vee shell (www.cabinfever.ca/P254.html). I love it, as you can tell, because it works so well.

I might even see what classes I can get into myself. There is always something else to learn.

-Deb

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great time at the big festival in T.O.! Wish I could be there too. The baby sweaters are lovely. Another step in pattern writing, I guess, testing all the sizes. It's very interesting to learn all you've done to get this pattern ready to go. :O) samm

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.