Friday 5 September 2008

Pinkness

Here is the pinkness.It's not that it's too pink. It's that it's pink enough that I can't ignore it's pinkness. I was trying some patterns on it which I liked but which didn't look good with the pink. So I had to rethink my approach. If you can't beat it, join it and why was I fighting the colour? This pink reminds me of - candy floss, fall fairs, candy apples. Yes, that's it, I need something very round. Pink is round. This pattern reminds me of balloons.This is some of the sock wool I dyed and it's making a great hat. I'm using addi turbo's for the first time. I know, a little late to the party. I am impressed though. They are wonderful. I am using a 2.5mm/US1 needle 40cm/16" long which I thought would be very awkward but the wire is very bendy and the needle shaft is long enough to hold onto.

This is a prototype at the moment. I am thinking of working on a hat booklet this fall and am working out the details. I'm really liking knitting this fingering weight hat up. It's soo light, I may get it out of a 50g ball (large child size I think, maybe an adult size - can't tell with the needle in). Show you when I get it finished.
-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh - so that's the pink. The hat looks good with the fat balloon cables. As for the Addis Turbos, did you read that "Lynn One, Purl Two" had 3 pairs confiscated before she boarded her plane. Three!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.