Monday 15 November 2010

I'm off for a little weekend holiday and giving the sock knitting a break (although some other people are hard at it on http://kalcabinfever.blogspot.com/ if you want to check it out). I'm going to be doing some baby sweater knitting.
I'm working a on baby Top Down sweater in several different weights of yarn. These are my yarn choices for testknitting: Shelridge Farm W4 in a rich brown, blue hand-dyed sock wool that Lynda dyed and Cotton Tweed in soft pink.

All this is for a class I'm teaching at the Unwind Yarn House on November 27 and December 4. It's the Top Down Designing for the Faint of Heart class. Does that sound intriguing? If you're in the Newmarket, ON area I hope you'll join us because this is going to be fun. Everyone is going to do a little designing on a baby sweater. They're fast because they're so small and I hope knitters will do a couple over the 2 week course. It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with starting from the same basic pattern (which I am now writing up). They will be very different, that's the great part. And they will all be the designer's own creation! Yay! I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have 3 samples done by then.
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.