Monday 7 July 2008

Over for another year

I don't know if you've ever been to a folk festival, or any music festival I guess, but there is a fabulous feeling while you're there. I can't describe it adequately but there's an excitement, an uplifting and a coming together which lasts for weeks after it's over. The music is funny and touching and often political. Some of it you won't like and some will just hit you in the heart and bring a tear to your eye. You can go and talk to the performers if you want when they're walking around the grounds and they seem to be so pleased to talk to you. I don't know if it's being outside all weekend in the sunshine (and most years in the pouring rain at some point) and running into people you know who you probably haven't seen since last year. And talking to friend's kids who are all grown up now and sometimes have a new wee person with them too. My daughter came with her beau and he seems to be getting the idea of what it's all about (this is his second year - it's like a reunion, he said, we could come every year) - all right!
Here's father and daughter in their matching T-shirts which a friend of ours made especially to celebrate paul's release of his first CD.
This is 3 friends of ours giving a free songwriting workshop in the Artisans Village.
I'm afraid there was a dreadful lack of knitting done. I did about 2 1/2 rows but I saw one knitter knitting socks, another knitting a scarf and talked to a woman in the beer tent who was designing a top in ribbon for herself.
So for knitting content I have a photo of Fiona Cole (fiddler) and Maria Dunn. Fiona is a knitter and last time I talked to her she was knitting a lovely intricate scarf in alpaca (her first project - aahhh don't you love young folks).
- Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.