Thursday 15 March 2018


I'm over the BlueV now. It's time to move on. Although I seem to be spending more time ripping back than knitting forward. I ripped this one back to the neckband.
I've started again with a 2x2 rib with twisted stitches in the K2 sections. I've also introduced a skew to it. This is turning out to be lots of fun. The line of twisted stitches is going to follow alongside the raglan line on one of the fronts ...
and alongside one of the raglan lines at the back.
I'm feeling quite avant-garde doing an asymmetric pattern since I usually really like patterns to mirror on each side. We'll see what I think once the skew is more obvious. So far I'm loving it.

Thursday 8 March 2018

Admitting defeat for the moment

I'm not moving at all on the BlueV. It's sitting in the time-out corner because no matter what I do, and I gave it two good tries, it is misbehaving. It's tough love time. It's staying there until I can work up some enthusiasm to try one more time. If that doesn't work, well, it's three strikes, you're out!
I was going to put a huge X across the photo but that seemed a bit harsh.

I've realized that I'm not fond of the eyelet all-over pattern. If every time I see that row coming along I'm groaning, that would be a clue, right? Not my favourite stitch. Next time I'll rethink the front lace pattern. Oh, no, see what just happened there, the knitting optimist is at it again, I'm thinking of next time.

For the moment I'm knitting little people sweaters. This one with cables. I have a couple more little sweaters in mind. They are so quick to knit that I can think ahead to the next one and not get too far ahead of myself. It is frustrating to have so many ideas and not be able to knit fast enough. But these little guys are pretty quick.
I'm turning my head away from the time-out corner and having fun with cables.

Thursday 1 March 2018

Still moving slowly

As you can see I'm still exactly where I was last week.
I seem to be stalled on this for the moment. Well, not stalled exactly. In fact I have been going backward. I ripped out another several rows in order to contemplate the fit. I think I have it worked out now. Ha, we'll see.

This has been a forward and backward design project. Often new construction ideas are like that. Not frustrating exactly, OK frustrating, but also challenging. You see how I'm trying to reframe this!

The best way forward I have found, through past experience, is to move slowly, almost at a crawl. Not easy to do but in the end it saves quite a lot of ripping back. I wish I had remembered that at the beginning of this project but, alas, I was excited and have paid the ripping price.

Now, onward to the Great Divide.