Thursday 9 September 2010

We're going to the Fair

It is the season for Fall Fairs. And although going on kiddie rides and eating cotton candy is fun we're passing all that up to go to the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters Fair. Hoorah. It's going to be fun and busy and we'll get to see lots of friends there too.

Right now I am taking a blogging break before I do the final check on 2 new patterns we'll have ready for Saturday at the Fair.
I've done the Morgan's cardigan out of the Teens and Tweens book in adult sizes. The pattern now goes up to a 50" bust. Yay. I was tempted to call this pattern 'Me too' since so many knitters who have the teens book also wanted this for themselves. Now you can.

And Sophy (our cabinfever shipping goddess) designed a beautiful shawl which I am almost finished knitting in blue. I hope to have it done for Saturday but it will be close. The pattern is ready though. This is a combination of triangles and rectangles and really interesting to knit up.

It might look complicated but it's not. You begin at the centre neck and work 2 sets of Chart A just like a regular triangle shawl. Then, this is the interesting part, you begin Chart A again at the beginning, centre and end of the row and work Chart B in between them. This changes the shape altogether. Chart C is easy because it just extends Chart A so the triangle is bigger here. You can see that triangle in the centre of the shawl. And then you work the border (D). I am right at the last bit of Chart C & Chart B sections. Next the Border and I'm home-free.

It sits beautifully on your shoulders because of the shape. Is this cool or what. I need to get back to work on my blue one. Hope to see you at the Fair.
-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Does this beautiful shawl have a name? Pattern availability? Love how it is worked in stages.
    KnitAweigh-Ravelry
    Andi
    dcmarina@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.