Thursday 9 June 2016

Curvy Double pointed needles

Here we are in Arlington,VA across the river from Washington, DC. We setting up at The National Needlework Assoc Show tomorrow and will spend the weekend talking to Store Owners who have come to shop. Our flight was uneventful, except for being picked out of the security line to have all my belonging searched and to have a very lovely security woman give me a pat down or a gentle all-over massage as she called it, ha, ha. Nothing in my shoes, nothing on my hands, nothing in my suitcases, good to go.

I started my new socks again, having for some strange reason decided to make this particular pair an inch too small. Rip, rip, rip. The good news is that I am much bettter with these needles after knitting part of a sock.
These are Neko needles. It's very much like knitting with 2 circular needles. The needles are plastic and very flexible so I'm finding them fairly easy to use. The curve fits in your hand and the trick seems to be how to hold them so the ends of the needles don't impede progress.
Progress is being made. Yay. They are pretty interesting to knit with. I wonder if I got a larger set, if they would be good for knitting sleeves? They definitely have possibilities.
I got these needles from Tracy at A River of Yarn in Canada.
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.