Sunday 23 December 2007

One Up, One Down

Left mitten is top down and right mitten is bottom up and does it seem that the right is slightly bigger than the left? Shhh don't tell my daughter since she asked for them. I was a little more relaxed once I had figured out what I was going to do which may explain the gauge difference.
I have a couple of comments now that I finished the bottom up version. The mittens are easier to do bottom up. I used the K2tog decrease at the top which looked better (I tried the ssk first and ripped it back). They are comfy to wear and I'm going to do another pair just to check them once more.
Overall I'm quite pleased with these mittens. If you have seen these somewhere else tell me. I'm sure they have been done. I just don't want to end up with something exactly like another designer's mitten. Once I do another pair I'm going to look at decorating them with a pattern and see what I can come up with. Have fun with these. (Pattern in the last post.)
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.