Tuesday 30 November 2010

What's on your needles? I have a second baby sweater with ribbed borders in sock wool. This is to follow up on the Basic pink baby sweater and the idea of a pattern which will ask you to add in some design work yourself.
I must admit to preferring heavier yarn in general. I have mastered knitting socks with sock wool but this is the first garment I have tried to knit at a sweater-type gauge with sock wool. No, that's not true, now that I think of it I have knit a hat in sock wool and a couple of shawls too. But this is my first sock wool sweater. You might guess that the switch in gauge from a sock gauge of 8 sts = 4" on 2.25mm needles to the sweater gauge of 7 sts = 4" on 3.0mm is for some reason throwing me a bit. I keep wanting to tighten it up. It's going slowly.

I also have a hat on the go for our Christmas charity knitting at the Aurora Knitting Guild. They especially need hats for men and boys so I will have one ready for next week.
And I'm starting a newer project which although it's knit with sock weight wool will be worked with 2 strands held together. And it's going to glitter.
It will be black and blue! -Deb

2 comments:

  1. I like that glitter! Bet it's for a festive event. I have a sweater for #2 son to do before the big day. DK weight though so not as bad as sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a light and airy lady's scarf for fall knit hats for women or spring knitted diagonally. Stunning color, with a touch of golden sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.