Friday 10 October 2014

Day 3: Your Voice

I'm supposed to write in my own voice. I find this hard to do. I would like to write like I talk. That's our voice. But I can't gesture and wave my hands around while writing. It just doesn't work.

So here I am today in Hartford, CT at Sts East. I left this morning at 8am and arrived at 4:30pm. Does this seem like a long time to go 600km (I got that off my airline site)? How our expectations of travel have changed. I could have driven in the same amount of time but I do love to fly. That moment when the plane leaves the ground does something for me. Here we go!

I have never flown in such a tiny plane, except in a bush plane. When I booked with Air Canada I anticipated something a little bigger. It was a full flight, 18 people, 18 seats! Can you believe it?

The woman across from me was knitting. How great is that. She wasn't going to the knitting show, but back home. She sort of apologized for being a beginner. I envied her. She's starting on a great adventure. So much to learn, so many garments to knit, so much fun ahead. It would be so exciting to be at the beginning with all of that ahead.

Tomorrow morning I begin my class on designing a Top Down Raglan for yourself. I expect a very interesting day.
Deb





2 comments:

  1. Oooooo - something to pass on to all of your friends, right??? 3 days down, only 17 to go . . . . I am so glad I resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd want to be a beginner all over again, although sometimes I feel like a beginner these days. There are so many new things to learn and I often wonder how I managed to knit for 70 years without learning more than I did. However, I have to say that there were not the books, courses, internet, etc. through that time. We have so much help these days, it is amazing. Same thing applies to parenting. We had Dr. Spock and, if you were lucky, your mom. I just had Dr. Spock. Somehow one gets through, hopefully without doing to much damage to kids or knitting!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.