Thursday 6 October 2016

Playing with Mosaics

I did a Mosaic Workshop in Port Hope today. Great day. I love doing workshops with knitting guilds. There is always a great feel in the room. People know each other and are willing to help and encourage their neighbour. Just lovely.

The class project was a hat with this pattern on it. It's a garter stitch mosaic pattern.
I know that Yvonne had already taken the Mosaic class from me before so I was thinking about what I could give her to advance her mosaic skills. It occured to me that you could mix garter stitch and stockinette stitch mosaic to get a different affect.
She very willingly took the challenge. It is tricky to work. You have to keep your wits about you. I got the high sign so I think this pattern has legs. It may become a "real hat".
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.