Friday 25 January 2008

Think Big

Tomorrow I'm teaching at the Downtown Knit Collective's Winter Workshops in Toronto http://www.downtownknitcollective.ca/ . And to make it more exciting, I'm taking the new GO train service from Barrie. This is going to be great. I drive the first half an hour to Barrie and then someone else does the next couple of hours for me and I can sit in my train seat and knit. Yes! This is new to us since November 2007 and this is my first chance to try it out.



My class is going to knit their first top down cardigan based on the Buttons Cardigan pattern www.cabinfever.ca/P606.html. No seams to sew, no finishing to do, yes it's for real you are not dreaming. I'll take some adult samples too since this is not just for children. This is now my favourite way of knitting. There are endless possibilities within this system of knitting.


Imagine this cardigan with a cable down either side of the buttonbands, or a fancy edging where the garter stitch border is, you could make a lace collar, cabled buttonbands, an A-line shape to make it swing, well you get the picture.


My students will be making a tiny sample and thinking big I hope.
- Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.