Saturday 18 June 2011

Back from TNNA and after a couple days of rest and relaxation I'm ready to get going again. We came home with some goodies.
Briggs and Little have taken their Softspun one step further and hand painted it. It looks terrific. They were giving away 2oz. skeins, enough to tease the curious so of course we picked up a couple.
I picked up some wool from a small mill in Michigan, Stonehedge Fiber Mill, which was recommended to me. Shepherd's Wool is springy and the colours I chose are slightly heathered which I really like.
Over the weekend I was working on a top down using Hempwol from Hemp for Knitting . It's a lovely worsted weight, easy to knit and feels great. There's also a DK weight which I have yet to try but it's on my list.
I have to string a second circular needle through my knitting before I get a photo since I'm at the bottom of the yoke and it looks like a large blob. I will do that tomorrow since I'm interested in seeing how it looks too.
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.