Friday 28 March 2008

Unprepared

It's been several days since I last blogged. After that very peopled weekend I needed a break of a couple days of reading to settle down. So now after reading Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility I'm settled and very happy that I seem to have more control over my life than the Dashwood sisters and glad too not to be in the dating game.

I sat down ready to go. No Batteries. My camera is dead, dead, dead. I can't get the photos I took off the camera it's so dead. I would have said that we have many gadgets with batteries in this house. I could steal a couple just for a moment really. But no. I can't find a one. So without photos I will procede.

I have given all of the designers the basic Baby V pattern and I am waiting to see what happens. This is the exciting part. I'm always amazed at what comes back. For my own entry I am working on a cardigan with a slight ruffle. You'll have to wait for photos although there isn't much to see yet. I'm on my 4th collar trial and almost to where I want to be. This is the part where I knit a collar and then decide that I should go down a needle size, knit another collar with smaller needle and decide that I have one too many rows in it, knit another collar which maybe should have 6 less stitches in it, knit another collar ... I know it sounds tedious but it's rather engrossing really. After I get the collar down I think I'm pretty good. May be a bit optimistic here because it usually doesn't go as smoothly as I would like. There may be another way to do all of this, planning comes to mind, but it never works out that way for me.

So back to the needles for the 6 less stitches trial. Maybe this will be the one. Wish me luck. Oh and buy batteries. Check.

-Deb

2 comments:

  1. Me to. I am working on a collar as well trying to keep it kind of boyish, or for the girls tomboyish. All of a sudden I had an epiphany and started to knit. I very well may frog it but at least I am started. BBD a.k.a. MBK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Deb! Hope it works the way you want it to.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.