Saturday 29 August 2009

It's Official

I'm announcing here and now that the J, officially, looks like a sweater. What a wonderful moment that is. Yay!

Even a non-knitter can tell that this is a garment now. You know how that goes ... what are you knitting? It's a jacket, see this is the collar and the front and this is the sides and ... OK, you might just have to believe me when I say it's going to be a jacket because I can tell it's not coming together for you, but it is, really.
And now I can't wait to get done. There's still another sleeve to go.We worked the decreases on either side of a centre 30 st panel, just to see how that would be. I like it. You'll have to imagine it with your arms down. It makes the knitting fun to do.

I'm working on this project until it's done, still faithful. I'm not sure why this is seen as a knitting virtue because it's not natural! I went to the library and got another movie for tonight, second sleeve here I come.

-Deb

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I am right behind you. This is a big project and I am glad we are on the home stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb: I love this design. Keep going - as fast as you can, so the pattern can be published!

    Ann (York region Knitting Guild)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.