Wednesday 5 August 2009

Off to Portland

Well, Deb's off to camp and I'm off to Portland, OR today for the Sock Summit. It's shaping up to be the knitting event of the decade! I'm so amazed that there are so many luminaries at one event. Here's the teacher list:


My roomie for the trip, Julia of Patternfish is actually taking a class with Barbara Walker!! She's very excited to say the least. I expect to hear details : )

I'm taking our sock patterns and our books (and various other bits and bobs to sell) but I'm also taking the yummy sock yarn from Fibre-Isle (Prince Edward Island). Deb knit up a couple of sock samples in the natural coloured bison sock yarn (see her blog entry for July 21st below). That's one of the hand-painted skeins below. Lovely, lovely yarn. Sylvie's sister has a bison farm (?) ranch (?) in Quebec.

Sylvie also sent me a few non-sock kits to sell including the beautiful shawl below.
OK! Time to hit the road!

-Lynda



1 comment:

  1. I am soooo envious! I'll be thinking of all you knitters while driving Isabel, my youngest, to visit Yale, Brown, Harvard, etc. I'll definitely need some knitting to get me through all the information sessions. Socks?

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.