Wednesday 2 July 2008

Happy Ist and 4th of July!


Deb and I are up at "camp". A cottage is not a "cottage" north of Perry Sound. At that point it becomes "camp" as you are now in The North (which always has capital letters :)
You can see that this is NOT your stylish Muskoka cottage but rather, a real, comfortable, northern cabin. The deck is actually more square footage than the interior. You can't really tell from the photo but it also wraps around. And yes, we spend a lot of time out on the deck. This is the deck where Deb taught me to knit. She would work with me patiently (and not so patiently) and then send me off back to England where I would work on whatever I was working on and then when I ran into a problem I would put the knitting away until the next summer when we both were back at camp. Yes, it was quite a slow process to learn to knit as it was "pre-email". My first project was a sweater for Heather (our younger sister who does not *gasp* knit) which she still has, and my second was a sweater for Deb. Which I ... think ... she still has here up at camp although the last time I saw it, it was looking pretty tatty.
We are still working on the baby booklet and it's shaping up nicely. Fingers crossed, it will get to the printers next week some time. We've closed the business for 2 weeks (till July 14th), which is a first for us. We really (all of us including Sophy, our Shipping Goddess) need a holiday plus it's easier to do the final work when we're not trying to fill orders and answer the phone and so forth. Sophy has gone off camping with her family but did manage to email me a bunch of corrections before she left. We all work on this, believe me!
So I hope all the Canadians had a great Canada Day yesterday and I hope Independence Day is a good one for all our American friends!
-Lynda


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.