Sunday 22 August 2010

I started my wedding socks with the man's sock.
I choose the last stitch pattern in the series I looked at (last post) because I thought it addressed the idea of marriage and I really, really like the stitch pattern. But I had some concerns. I consulted the man at my house and he agreed that a guy might not like all the bulk created by the cables running up his foot. At least he wouldn't want it. So I'm going to frog it back to the toe and put in ribbing which will flow into the cable pattern starting after the heel is done. I haven't made any all-over cable socks so I don't know how the feel is inside the shoe. I'd rather err on the side of caution when they are a gift.
-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Wedding socks--what a great idea! I recently needed a wedding gift for my husband's goddaughter and cheated by making a trip to Topsy Farms on Amherst Island in Lake Ontario and buying a queen-size wool blanket woven from wool from their sheep. Hope the trade show planning is going well.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.