Thursday 26 August 2010

KAL for Multi-directional Knitting

KAL's, do you like them? (KAL stands for Knit Along)
Bernice and I have been discussing starting one each. I'm still at the thinking stage but Bernice (MommaBearKnits2) is way ahead of me. She's started a KAL for Multi-directional knitting with her new pattern -  Junior Compass. Multi-directional knitting is quite facinating and really fun to do. I haven't knit hte new compass patterns but I have knit several of the Baby 'J'.

This is the schematic for the Baby J.
Bernice and I both knit an adult JJ Jacket last summer. All of the 'J's were designed by Bernice Vollick. In her KAL she is going to set up each section of the Junior Compass sweater with drawings and knitting photos to help knitters move along through the pattern. Sounds like a great idea.

I'm going to start one in September based on one of our Cabin Fever books. Any preferences?
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.