Sunday 2 May 2010

You know those questionnaires that ask 'What activity makes you forget about time?"? Do you have one activity that when you look up you realize that hours have slipped by and you didn't notice? And I don't mean sitting in front of your computer which we all know can take out several hours at a time without you even knowing. For me, it's setting up a new pattern and working it out for 5 or 6 sizes. It's fun, a little frustrating and just when I think I've got it just like I want it I find some little glitch and I have to start part of it again, it means lots of erasing and I love it every time. I would say that of everything I do it is the most satisfying. So as soon as I finished up those couple of projects (see past posts) I got out my paper, pencil, large eraser and yarn and started again.
This is a fairly straight forward ribbed collar (obviously) cardigan in Aran/Heavy Worsted weight yarn (18 sts = 4"/10cm) from the Top Down. I got this bag of yarn out of a remainder bin in a shop. It's Gedifra, Fashion Trend Color. So this sweater will be as long as the yarn holds out, part of the mystery.

I put in Short Rows to raise the back of neck and therefore lower the front of neck.

Many more rows are worked across the back of the neck and very few rows are worked across the front of neck. This technique still kills me. I find it so amazing. It never loses it's elegance for me.
-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.