Thursday 15 September 2011

If you try a sweater on 3 people and they all hunch it up at the back of the neck so that the sweater points at the back then you, or that would be I, have a design problem. That's where I was earlier in the week (and I sewed all the buttons on and everything!). I went to my monthly designer get-together with my problem. We stood in the coffee shop with 2 different people trying the sweater on and discussing the problem, with much hand gesturing to the delight of fellow coffee shop patrons. No apparent solution came up but some good suggestions were made which made me think. I think on the 1 1/2 hour GO train ride home, I think all day yesterday, I think last night, and today while I was driving on another errand altogether, I thought of a solution. I almost drove off the highway! I pulled over and got the pattern out, because who leaves home without their work in progress in their purse, and still I think I have the answer. I can't tell you how excited I am. I know it won't seem so stupendous to you but this is what I live for. Now I just have to give it a shot and see. There are a couple of hours of the evening left. I'll keep you posted.
-Deb

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm looking forward to hearing your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh... I always have patterns in my purse, too! I even bought this cool pattern wallet on Etsy to protect my papers and make it easier to find in my cavernous bag. Nice to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.