Thursday 2 July 2009

Stretch

I got it blocked after washing the dishes and vacuuming the floor which was all worth it. It measured 18" long down the centre back and 18" from the centre to the outside point before I soaked it. In it's blocked state it now measures 25" long down the centre back and 26" wide from centre to outside point or 52" across the neck edge in total. Wow. I didn't expect to get that much extra.
I thought that the elongated leaves would show better then they do. Even at an angle they are not as noticeable as I had hoped.
But they do break up the diagonal line of the diamond leaves. It may be more effective when off the blocking wires.
I started a new sweater for myself. It's my party and I'll knit what I want to . . . it's my holidays that is. I'm testing out a new yarn we have been given. Nothing like doing a very large swatch to wash up.
It's a pullover top down and if it turns out I'll write it up. Does the neck look a little big?
It has ribbed sleeves which I think will look good. It's Mariposa Folk Festival weekend here and this is my project to take with me. Nice easy knitting as I listen to live music sitting in my lawn chair under the trees.
Gotta run, I'll do a catch up next week.
-Deb

2 comments:

  1. I like the big wide neckline! I'd wear a t under it, or a turtleneck anyway, and I think it would look great! Of course I'm a fan of big baggy sweaters.... :) samm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the big neck, but I think I'd like it even better if it were just a little taller (the neck, that is). I'd wear it with a T underneath that would show a little bit. I'm also wondering what the yarn might be.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.