Wednesday 30 April 2008

On the road again ....




Seems like we just finish one show and onto the next. Yes, we're off to Sturbridge, MA, on Friday for the NENA show. This show is for New England stores and is primarily, although not exclusively, for knitting or yarn. One of the big perks of Sturbridge MA is the food! A very pretty town with lots of great restaurants and amazing food. I'm looking forward to that.

It's a nice show and I have to control myself as it's a "cash & carry" trade show which means I can shop inbetween selling. Last year I bought a set of the Denise Needles and was very pleased. I love them for travelling as I invariably start a new project and never have the right needles with me (and yes, that also means I have bought more yarn somewhere along the way). Just as a side note, I have found that, in a pinch, the detachable points do work as double-pointed needles!

I generally do this show on my own but this year Deb is coming (yeah! nice to have company :) and she will be teaching at the Fiber Loft in Harvard, MA, http://www.thefiberloft.com/ while I'm at the show. The picture is of the Fiber Loft. Deb & I did a trunk show at Reba's store several years ago, on the way to yet another show, and she has an interesting and friendly group of customers. I'm sure they, and Deb, will enjoy the day of classes. Deb won't have time for sight-seeing but Harvard sure is a pretty place.
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.