Thursday 1 May 2008

On The Road Again


The buttons are all on and even before the deadline of last night. Yes!!
Lynda is taking the sweaters to Huntsville to photograph babies today.


Here are a few more baby sweaters which came in yesterday (deadline day). We are on a roll with this booklet. Still photography to do and the edits but we're definitely moving towards a finished product.

For anyone just tuning in, I wrote a top down V-necked baby cardigan pattern (see sweaters in top photo) and sent the pattern to my CabinFever design crew and these are the sweaters I got back. Isn't it amazing how so many different sweaters can be made from one pattern? And as we have found before, no duplication. If they can do this from a plain pattern, what could you do? I can't wait to see.


We are on the road again, off to Massachusetts. Lynda is going to do a trade show and I'm going to teach at the Fiber Loft store in Harvard on Saturday( http://www.thefiberloft.com/) . If you are in the area check it out. I'm doing a show & tell in the morning. I've packed some sweaters which I think are interesting to knit and were certainly interesting to design. In the afternoon I'm leading a workshop to explore V-neck cardigans from the top down and talk about alterations for a better fit. Then we are going to tackle tubular edgings for tank tops and buttonbands. I'm looking forward to it (now the buttons are done). Always a good time with Reba.

My suitcase of sweater samples is packed up and I have sufficient yarn projects in my knitting bag. I guess I should pack some clothes or something too. Hmm I don't even have my summer clothes out yet but I'm sure I can scare up a short sleeved shirt or two.

Maybe I'll see you in Mass.,

-Deb

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget your toothbrush! :O) The sweaters are lovely, and all different. Can't wait to see them on babies! Have a good trip, and "safe home" as my grandma used to say. samm

    ReplyDelete

If you would like a reply to your comment, please include your email address.